Chances are you work in a cubicle, the workplace of the 21st century. Your cubicle is your home away from home for 40 hours or more a week and it likely looks as inviting as a prison, and as stimulating as any bare walls in your apartment. Bling up your office space with some distinctive accessories that will add personality and motivation to your work space – just don’t make it look too much like your college dorm room.
Before you begin to let your creative hands working on your space, let’s consider some things first:
Remember that less is more when it comes to personalizing your space. You do not want to create distractions for you or your neighbors while you are trying to work. If you will be expecting clients to visit, keep things conservative so as to not offend anyone.
- Accessorize your space with some motivational signs and art. They are great conversation pieces and may help give you or others inspiration.
- Proudly display family photos, awards and certificates with your favorite frame, and while you’re at it, why not support your NBA team this season with a NBA hard hat.
- Keep your schedule on time with a desk clock that also functions as a pen/pencil holder (also available in black).
- To add warmth an style a table or desk lamps is the perfect
- Add a small artificial plant to boost your mood and add color
- A little candy dish adds a nice touch and gives co-workers a reason to drop by and say hello
Items like these are great conversation pieces and allow your clients and co-workers to see what you enjoy. Don’t bring in items that are going to distract you, keep it professional and simple when decorating your office. By following some of this advice, you can help make your space as well as the entire office a more enjoyable place to be!