Email questions to email@example.com.
Ergodyne Skullerz 8973 Full Brim Vented Hard Hat - Ratchet Suspension
Item#: ERGO-8973-White Description
The Skullerz® 8973 Class C Full Brim Hard Hat is a reliable, lightweight, and comfortable head protection gear designed to safeguard the head from stationary or falling objects. Equipped with a 4-point suspension system, this hard hat offers heavy-duty protection while being comfortable to wear. The interior is lined with a padded, moisture-wicking, and odor-resistant sweatband and top pad that lines the forehead, sides, and top. This sweatband and top pad are removable, making them easy to replace.
This full-brim style helps keeps rain away from the eyes and provides extra protection against falling or flying debris. Also offers all-around protection from the sun, humidity and heat. The open frame design in combination with the adjustable venting offers the best of both worlds: a cooler hard hat in the heat and a dry hard hat in the rain. These vents release heat buildup and allow air to circulate, reducing perspiration in hot and humid working environments.
This safety helmet fits hat sizes 6.5 - 8 (21in – 25 in / 53cm – 63.5cm). Customize the size and balance with the easy-to-adjust 4-point premium ratcheting suspension. Simply turn the one-handed adjustment knob to tighten or loosen the fit without having to take the hard hat off. Built with weight distribution in mind, this hard hat’s snug fit balances perfectly on the head and doesn’t slip off.
One of the biggest challenges for many workers is how to use a hard hat with lights. Straps get snagged and lights fall off. This hard hat includes front and rear slots for secure attachment of the Skullerz® Hard Hat Headlamp (available as an accessory or with the 8973LED). This hard hat also includes side accessory slots for other common accessories like ear protection or hard hat face shields. The suspension also has dedicated attachment locations for the Skullerz® Hard Hat Chin Strap accessory (chin strap NOT included).
This Class C hard hat is certified and meets requirements of the ANSI Z89.1-2014, CSA Z94.1-15, Type 1, Class C standard. Ideal for construction & utility job sites, oil & gas, road work, forestry, mining, general site work and projects at altitude.
Replacement parts for Ergodyne Skullerz Hard Hats:
- Hard Hat Suspension Replacement
- Hard Hat Pad Replacement (3-Pack)
- Hard Hat Sweatband Replacement (3-Pack)
Skullerz 8973 Features:
- ALL DAY COMFORT– Includes removable hard hat sweatband and top padding made of breathable, sweat-wicking and odor resistant, machine washable materials
- BREATHABLE – Flexible open frame improves air circulation and adjustable venting allows for a cooler hard hat in the heat and a dry hard hat in the rain
- MULTI-POINT ADJUSTMENT – Easy, one-handed adjustment knob pivots to clear bandana or ponytail knots and improve fit
- IMPROVED SAFETY AND VISIBILITY AT NIGHT – Integrated patent-pending headlamp slots on front and rear for use with the Skullerz® Hard Hat LED Light (available as an accessory or with the 8973LED)
- 360-DEGREE PROTECTION – Full brim hard hat provides protection from the elements and keeps both sun and rain off your shoulders, neck and eyes
- HARD HAT ACCESSORIES – Slotted and mounting locations for common hard hat accessories like ear protection and face shields. Chin strap accessory mounts to dedicated mounting points on the suspension.
- SIZING – Fits most heads (hat sizes 6.5 – 8 / 21in – 25 in / 53cm – 63.5cm)
- TESTED & APPROVED – ANSI Z89.1-2014, CSA Z94.1-15, TYPE 1, Class C
Ergodyne is committed to customers' comfort, with work gear like ergonomic supports, work gloves, hats, safety vests, and more.
- Total: 6 Reviews
- Rating: 4.7
Returns & Exchanges
30 Day Return Policy
Our return policy gives you 30 days to return your products. This 30 day period begins on the date your order is delivered and includes both business and non-business days. Returned products must be in new, unused, and resalable condition. Customized products cannot be returned. If something is wrong with your order containing customized products, please contact us at 904-296-2240
To start a return, visit our Returns Center or learn more by reading our .
Under normal circumstances, in stock orders placed by 12:00 PM EST are usually shipped out the following business day (Monday through Friday, excluding national holidays).
Due to a recent surge in online ordering across the country, most in stock orders are currently shipping out in 1-3 business days. Orders containing products that are not in stock can take longer to ship. Products that are not in stock have an estimated ship time located in the stock status section of the product page.
Find more shipping information or how to track your order in the Customer Center.